Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Bazzo Says: I Will Miss Greg Ball

Bazzo Says:
BY ANTHONY J. BAZZO
OF YORKTOWN NEWS & MAHOPAC NEWS
TITLE: I Will Miss Greg Ball

So, State Senator Greg Ball has announced he will return to the private sector when his term expires Dec. 31. Agree with him or not, like him, love him, hate him or think he is the spawn of Satan, District 40, and the whole damn legislature will be the worse off without him. Greg was not your typical politician. When he was angry he did not hold his fire. He did not mince words and was glad to tell someone to kiss his butt. He comforted the inflicted, and inflicted the comfortable. He gave the establishment fits. In short, Greg Ball was, and remains, real. That, my friends, is in short supply in Albany. Greg can be many things, both good and bad, but so can we all. However, I have never then nor now thought him a crook or corrupt.
 
This problem with the recent reports from a leaked Moreland Commission Report, it did not accuse him of misdeeds, but simply says he has some explaining to do. If any investigation continues, it will be up to Greg to make that explanation. Personally, I believe his problem is born of complacency, not corruption. Both he and I know firsthand what a corrupt politician looks, smells and walks like, and my gut tells me Greg is not a corrupt politician. The irony here is that a political career born out of fighting corruption ends with the appearance of that. In my opinion, there is no there, there.
 
I have been on the receiving end of his anger on more than one occasion, yet he was still my friend in the political sense. We never broke bread together, though he did ask me a few times. It was my choice never to get that close. I asked him once for help, he did not. I never asked again. Yet, in a strange way we made each other possible.
 
Let me explain.
 
In his first and second race against the establishment for the Assembly, I was the lone voice championing his cause. Oh, how my previous employer—the North County News—thought I was not all there in believing he could beat the odds. Yet, I saw the rebel, the youthful exuberance. It was those qualities his critics thought immature, as he had no interest in paying the “proper respect” to those he was challenging. That is because he was at war with the establishment and I loved it. He was a young firebrand who had a real shot at doing big things.
 
Remember, social media was not as prevalent in 2006 as it is now. Print media was the coin of the realm. Maybe with some help from me, after all he did use some of my work for his mailings, he beat the odds. His victories gave me a credibility that a political commentator sorely needs. Both he and I were on our way in our respectful fields.
 
Those respectful fields were born out of the need to root out corrupt elected officials. Greg beat them at the ballot box and his efforts were validated with the indictment of former State Senator Vinny Leibel. It was members of his team who helped me and the North County News be at the forefront of that political war. My political friends thought I was nuts in siding with Ball against Leibell. They circled the wagons for Leibell. In spite of pressure, my former employer let me have my way on this and never tried to stop my war on corruption. You have no idea the courage it took for them to back my play. Leibell’s conviction was also my validation.
 
A few years ago I wrote an unflattering open letter to Senator Ball and was cut off. It was his reaction to that column that ultimately landed me here with Halston Media LLC, the parent company of Mahopac News. I am now in more homes than ever, and have a freer hand in what I talk about. As you can also see, I am given the space to flesh out those thoughts. They also have my back in spite of the pressure they get to drop my column. I owe this to Greg Ball. 
 
After the spit hit the fan last week, I received a call from his office for a one on one sit down on Friday morning. Unlike the other meetings he had with members of the press that day, our meeting was more like two old friends repairing bridges. As can be attested to by my editor, Bryan Fumagalli, who was there for the whole meeting, no topic was pre-arranged, nor was anything off limits. 
 
In meeting with me, I think Greg was looking for a safe place to land. I don’t fool myself. I believe if these troubles did not come his way, I would still be cut off. Yet, they did come his way and he did reach out. I will give him his safe landing because I was there in the beginning in the trenches when the odds were overwhelmingly against him. I was there as he beat the bastards time and time again. When the chips are down you see the real person. I saw that real person eight years ago when this all started and last Friday I saw him again. Albany will be worse off without him and truth be told, so will I. 
 
Oh, and for those wondering, Greg would have voted NO on declaring yogurt the official snack of New York State. Gotta love him.
This is what I say. What say you?
 
THE VOLPE/BAZZO REPORT:
Guests:Chairman of the Westchester Board Of Legislators Mike Kaplowitz and Yorktown News Editor Bryan Fumagalli discuss county and state issues Wednesdays May 28 channel 74 at 9:30 p.m. 

BAZZOMANIFESTO:
You can also read what is also going on politically that should be on your radar at:
http://bazzman.blogspot.com
 
*************************************************************************************************
*************************************************************************************************

FOLLOW ME AT:

LINKIN (ANTHONY BAZZO):http://www.linkedin.com

www.linkedin.com/pub/anthony-bazzo/19/352/684/

TWITTER (@BAZZOMANIFESTO): http://twitter.com/

 FACEBOOK (THOMAS NEWMAN): http://www.facebook.com/
**********************************************************************************************

**********************************************************************************************
THE VOLPE/BAZZO REPORT ON YOUTUBE:

Thank to the help of a good friend Pat N. we are able to bring all available shows of the Volpe/Bazzo Report on YouTube for those who do not have Optimum/Cablevision.

Here is the link to 2012 & 2013 shows of The Volpe/Bazzo Report on YouTube:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCstWajSgbAgVe29zEyjftlw/videos

Here Are The Links To 2014 Shows Available:

The Volpe/Bazzo Report with guests: Dave Paganelli, Brian Marschhauser and Bryan Fumagalli
http://vimeo.com/84451345

The Volpe/Bazzo Report with guests: Mike Kaplowitz and Brian Marschhauser
http://vimeo.com/84440808

The Volpe/Bazzo Report with guest Eric DiBartolo 01/01/14
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SDMYJdWA-o0&feature=c4-overview&list=UUstWajSgbAgVe29zEyjftlw


The Volpe/Bazzo Report with guests Darren Rigger & Bryan Fumagalli 05/14/14
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2hXxpWGVryk

For those who have Cablevision/Optimum, you can see fresh episodes of:
THE VOLPE/BAZZO REPORT:


 Wednesdays 9:30 P.M.
channel 74.


Yorktown – Putnam Valley – Bedford – Bedford Hills – Mount Kisco – Katonah – Lewisboro – North Salem – Pound Ridge – Purdy Station – Amawalk – Granite Springs – Lincolndale – Somers – Baldwin Place – Shenorock – Mahopac.

Wednesday 9:00 P.M.

Channel 15


Philips town – Cortlandt – Peekskill – Ossining and Briarcliff., Mt Kisco , North Tarrytown

HOSTED BY: DOMENIC VOLPE & ANTHONY BAZZO

*************************************************************************************************
*************************************************************************************************
ATOM TAXI INC. AIRPORT SERVICE:
Dear Readers:

This gives me a chance to plug my business ATOM TAXI INC.  
 
As you are planning your holiday or business or vacation travel? Instead of the headache of trying to find Airport parking, we do Airport Service to The Westchester County Airport(and ALL other airports) 24/7. Just call 1(914)879-6121 and my partner Tommy, will be glad to take you in our Airport Taxi. If this is a business trip we also provide a professional receipt, just tell Tommy at the time of booking. The cost of a one-way trip to LaGuardia Airport the cost is $115.00 including tolls. The cost to JFK and Newark Airports is $150.00 including tolls. Westchester County Airport and Stewart cost $75.00.
We do not take credit cards, sorry. 
*******************************************************************************************************
*******************************************************************************************************

 E-MAIL ME WITH YOUR COMMENTS:
Dear Readers: 
It has come to my attention the difficulty in posting a comment on this blog. If you wish to comment, e-mail me at the link posted below, putting “Manifesto Reader” in the subject matter, and I will “cut and Paste” your comments myself. If you DO NOT wish your comments posted, but just wish to communicate with me, please make your wishes known in the e-mail.
LINKS: atom_taxi@yahoo.com(as this a yahoo address make sure you put an underscore (-) between atom and taxi) 

For immediate reply:  atomtaxi@aol.com
********************************************************************************************************
**********************************************************************************
THE COMPLETE LIST FROM THE BAZZO GRILL'S SERIES
 http://ltpbazzo.wordpress.com/2010/09/25/the-comlete-list-of-all-bazzo-grills-interviews-five-questions-with-unedited/
*********************************************************************************
*********************************************************************************
2007-2012 “In My Opinion” Columns On NCNLocal.com
http://bazzman.blogspot.com/2012/04/2007-present-in-my-opinion-columns-on.html
**********************************************************************************
THE LIFE OF BAZZO: A YORKTOWN NEWS PROFILE
http://bazzman.blogspot.com/2012/10/the-life-of-bazzo-yorktown-news-profile.html
**********************************************************************************
BAZZO AT WORK HOME PAGE
http://ltpbazzo.wordpress.com/
**********************************************************************************
SITES TO LINK TO:BAZZO’S BLOGS:

BAZZOMANIFESTO  

BAZZOMANIFESTO:http://bazzman.blogspot.com/http://bazzman.blogspot.com/

OTHER SITES OF INTEREST:

Yorktown News Website: Youryorktown.com

BIANCO FOR SUPERVIOR :www.nickforyorktown.com


Filipino Cuisine: www.filipinocuisinemyversion.blogspot.com
http://ellabellahairclippies.blogspot.com
ROB ASTORINO: www.robastorino.com
JOHN G. TESTA: www.johngtesta.com
ON TOPIC W/ JOHN TESTA: www.ontopicwithjt.com
CARS & US: www.doverracing.com
THE WINERY AT ST. GEORGE: http://www.TheWineryAtStGeorge.com
PLAN PUTNAM: planputnam@googlegroups.com/
BRUCE APAR’S NCN BLOG: http://ncnlocal.com/index.php/blogs/bruce-the-blog
NORTH COUNTY NEWS & Views: http://ncnlocal.com/
THE JOURNAL NEWS: http://www.lohud.com/
YORKTOWN WATCHDOG: www.yorktownopengov.org
PADAVANO FINE ARTS: Padovanofineart.com/
PEEKSKILL BID: 
www.peekskillbid.com or www.downtownpeekskill.com


Peekskill Democratic City Committee Blog:http://www.peekskilldems.com/blog
********************************************************************************************************
********************************************************************************************************
CABLE SHOWS TO WATCH:ALL ABOUT TOWN:

HOSTED BY: JAMES MARTORANO
Yorktown channel 74 
Available in Yorktown – Putnam Valley – Bedford – Bedford Hills – Mount Kisco – Katonah – Lewisboro – North Salem – Pound Ridge – Purdy Station – Amawalk – Granite Springs – Lincolndale – Somers – Baldwin Place – Shenorock – Mahopac.
Thursdays 8:00 P.M


FRANK TALK:w/ BRUCE THE BLOG

Thursdays at 10 P.M. channel 74. 
Available in Yorktown – Putnam Valley – Bedford – Bedford Hills – Mount Kisco – Katonah – Lewisboro – North Salem – Pound Ridge – Purdy Station – Amawalk – Granite Springs – Lincolndale – Somers – Baldwin Place – Shenorock – Mahopac.
Wednesdays:Channel 15 Wednesday 10 P.M.
Philipstown – Cortlandt – Peekskill – Ossining and BriarCliff., Mt Kisco .
HOSTED BY: BRUCE APAR & FRANK J. RICH


YORKTOWN WATCHDOG:
Wednesdays at 4:30PM , Mondays at 9:30 PM and Saturdays at 9:00
channel 74
Available in Yorktown – Putnam Valley – Bedford – Bedford Hills – Mount Kisco – Katonah – Lewisboro – North Salem – Pound Ridge – Purdy Station – Amawalk – Granite Springs – Lincolndale – Somers – Baldwin Place – Shenorock – Mahopac.
HOSTED BY: ED CIFFON 



CARS & amp; US:
Fridays at 10 P.M. channel 74. 
Available in Yorktown – Putnam Valley – Bedford – Bedford Hills – Mount Kisco – Katonah – Lewisboro – North Salem – Pound Ridge – Purdy Station – Amawalk – Granite Springs – Lincolndale – Somers – Baldwin Place – Shenorock – Mahopac.
Channel 15 Friday 10 P.M.
Philipstown – Cortlandt – Peekskill – Ossining and BriarCliff., Mt Kisco .

HOSTED BY: DENNIS TATE

 SPEAK OUT WITH SANDY GALEF: 
Yorktown chanel 74 Wednesdays at 7:30PM..Ossining/Peekskill channel 15 Wednesdays at 8PM

Hosted by: Sandra Galef

DEAR SANDY:
Yorktown chanel 74 Fridays 7:30PM…Ossining/Peekskill channel 15 Fridays 9PM
Hosted by: Sandra Galef

Bazzo 05/21/14

No comments: